After such a short time, I am so impressed with how quickly we are adjusting to life in 3rd grade! We accomplished a great deal this week and I am excited by how well everyone worked together.
**Reminder that we have Open House on Monday night at 6:00-7:00pm. Parents will start in the gym.
Below are a few highlights from our first full week:
- We incorporated a few different greetings into our Morning Meeting. One favorite was the micro-wave greeting where we greeted each other around the circle by waving our pinkie fingers.
- Each morning the class and I take time to greet each other appropriately, read a morning message, participate in a short activity, and a few people may share something. All of us shared something everyday this week.
- We started Unit 1 and spent time looking at number grids, number lines, patterns and telling time.
- We used our iPads for the first time on Thursday and created a birthday bar graph in our seesaw account (more information to come about seesaw for parents at open house)
- Everyone is excited to learn cursive this year!
- Each student now has a Handwriting Without Tears Cursive workbook that will be used on Friday's. We kicked off this practice with a warm-up, revisited proper pencil grip, and started with the cursive letter c.
- We are getting more familiar with our classroom library. We spent time choosing independent "just right" books and building our reading life for the year.
- We also started our read-aloud, Gooseberry Park during our snack time and Stone Fox during our workshop.
- We decorated our writer's notebook this week. We're excited to fill them with wonderful stories.
- To receive an email update whenever there is a new blog post, enter your email address in the sidebar below where it says "Follow by Email," then click "Submit."